10 insane rules royals must obey
06 APRIL, 2018 CULTURE ANISA CHOUDHARY
The British monarchy is one surrounded by mystery and intrigue. As a family with a history lasting hundreds of years and spanning across continents, learn more about them here in our quirky post.
1) When the queen finishes, you finish – after the queen has devoured the last bite of her meal, everyone at the table must also stop eating and finish.
2) No politics at the table please – did you know, royals cannot vote and nor are they permitted to air their political views in public.
3) No casual dressing – the royals must adhere to a modest and formal dress code at all times.
4) Mark of respect – when the queen is around, male members of the household must bow, whilst females must curtsey.
5) Changing of titles – when a royal member is married, their official title is changed.
6) No presents on Christmas Day – unlike most families, British royals open their presents on Christmas Eve at tea time.
7) Never show your back – members mustn’t turn their backs to the queen, which is why she is always the first to exit a room.
8) Sit gracefully – female members of the clan must sit with legs crossed – either at the knees or ankles.
9) No licence required – the queen is the only person in the entire UK who is allowed to drive without a licence.
10) Walk behind me – Prince Phillip must always walk a few steps behind his wife at all times.
If you’d like to do some royal-spotting and see their awesome castles and palaces across London, learn all about our ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND LONDON SIGHTSEEING CAMP.