As the most commonly taught language for studying any subject, there are so many reasons to learn English. This is especially true if you are an international student aspiring to study abroad as the role of English language will play a key part when you start your studies and progress in your career after graduation.
There are many reasons to invest in an English language course as an international student. Most courses will teach you the most essential areas of English such as reading, writing, speaking and listening, as well as building your confidence to use English in your daily life, at work or during your future studies.
Why is learning English is so important?
English is spoken by around 360 million people around the world and taught in over 118 countries, making it an incredibly useful language to learn. English language learning will allow you to communicate effectively with people from all over the world, making travelling a lot easier and helping you to learn more about different cultures.
The importance of English language can be seen in almost every aspect of our lives. This is especially true in the business world where English is the most common language used and most employers will therefore expect a certain level of English proficiency during the hiring process. Investing in a quality English language course will enhance your employment prospects significantly.
English is also the language of science, mathematics, technology, tourism and countless other areas. Each of these industries use English as its common language to help professionals communicate and conduct meetings, showing why English is important.
Given the popularity of the language, English language courses will therefore be beneficial to you if you want to work for a multinational company and will teach you the communication skills to network with professionals in your field or further.
Reasons to learn English:
Still, thinking of reasons to learn English? See the list below for our top reasons:
1. Simplicity is key: English has relatively simple grammar, with simpler plurals, a straightforward verb conjugation and it is mostly gender-neutral, making English language learning easier than some other languages.
2. ABC, easy as 123: The English alphabet is relatively easy to learn in comparison to other languages such as Mandarin which is in symbol form.
3. Online research: Most websites are written in English, helping you to boost your knowledge when researching for your studies and later on in life.
4. Valuable experience: Learning a new language requires a lot of time and patience. Therefore, being able to show off this impressive skill will help you stand out to employers and boost your CV.
5. Meet new people: Studying an English language course will help you to meet interesting people from all walks of life and learn about different cultures too.
6. Language of the media industry: English is the most prevalent language used in movies and TV series around the world. By learning the English language, you’ll be able to enjoy more of the latest blockbusters!
Want to invest in a quality English language course? Depending on your future goals, The Language Gallery has a range of English language courses which will set you on the path for a bright future with plenty of employment and learning opportunities. You can find out the list of courses on offer here.
The school also offers university pathway programmes designed for international and EU students to prepare you for a UK university at the undergraduate or postgraduate level. Find out more about the pathway programmes here.