The Language Gallery Vacancies
Please see vacancies currently available across our UK centres below.
The Academic Student Support Officer will be engaged in range of front-facing customer service and administrative tasks alongside teaching responsibilities. The role holder will have excellent customer service, as well as English language teaching skills to enhance the experience of Language Gallery for all students. The post provides daily support to the Academic Manager and acts as the Welfare Officer for the centre. The post holder is also responsible for the social programme and will take students on trips and to events in the local area.
A Language Gallery teacher has direct responsibility for all aspects of planning, delivering and assessing their students’ work in line with The Language Gallery’s stated methodology. They are required to undertake responsibility for the quality of preparation, delivery, assessment and marking of work alongside and course related administration.
Job Type: Permanent full-time
Salary: £22-23k depending on qualifications
We’re always looking for dedicated and passionate English language teachers for adult students, 16+, (18+ in Nottingham) in accordance with the guidelines set out in our policies and procedures.
By providing high quality language courses to international students in our 3 UK schools, London, Nottingham and Birmingham, our students are able to develop language skills quickly and achieve success in the future. The Language Gallery benefits from being part of Global University Systems; one of the world’s leading private education establishments.
We are looking for CELTA or DELTA (or equivalent) teachers, especially those with experience of IELTS, EAP and Pre-Sessional courses, to work in either our Nottingham, Birmingham or London Schools (depending on your location).
The role will be on a 0 hour contract basis working on average between 15-21 hours per week.
- A degree and a CELTA/Trinity Cert are essential for all teaching positions.
- Previous applicants are welcome to re-apply.
- The Language Gallery will be managing your application in accordance with the GDPR and Data Protection Act 2018 and in line with the Employment Agencies and Employment Businesses Regulations 2003.
Welfare and Safeguarding
Importantly, The Language Gallery advises that it is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students. Therefore, we expect all staff and volunteers to share the same commitment.
Where relevant, we require applicants to undergo child protection screening appropriate to the role. We may include reference checks with past employers. Additionally, an Enhanced Check from the Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) and overseas criminal records, if appropriate. Please note:
- We will follow up on references. We will, specifically, ask reference requests whether there is any reason that applicants should not be engaged in situations where they have responsibility for, or substantial access to, persons under 18.
- We expect all gaps in CVs to be explained satisfactorily.
- You will be required to provide proof of identity and proof of qualifications.
- Finally, appropriate suitability checks will be required prior to confirmation of appointment.
The Language Gallery expects all staff and volunteers to share the Company’s commitment to Equal Opportunities within the workplace.
Job Type: Part-time, 0 hour contract
Location: Birmingham, Nottingham