This foundation course is designed to prepare you for an engineering undergraduate degree at one of our university partners.
This programme will help you to:
- Develop your academic English language and study skills
- Strengthen your understanding of physics, chemistry and maths
- Gain an understanding of studying in a UK university including research methods, critical thinking and UK university teaching styles
- Settle into the UK and an academic environment before starting your studies at our partner universities
- For students who are preparing to go to a UK university who need both English language and academic skills.
- For students interested in studying a n engineering degree after the foundation.
The academic content in maths, physics and chemistry should adequately prepare students for study in the following subject areas:
- Aerospace engineering
- Civil and infrastructure engineering
- Mechanical engineering
- Electrical engineering
- Architectural engineering
- Chemical engineering
- Engineering management
- Industrial engineering
- Mineral engineering
- Quantity surveying
- Software engineering
- Telecommunications engineering
- Building surveying
Start your course at any of our three centres in September and January depending on your level of English.
- Use our advisors to assist you in selecting and applying for university courses
- Receive your university offer letter
- Study General English and Academic English and skills, critical thinking and UK academic culture as well as subject specific modules
- Complete coursework and prepare for the final examinations
- Progress to university
|Semester 1||English Language||Socio-Cultural Studies||Study Skills||Critical Thinking|
|Semester 2||Academic English||Introduction to Physics||Introduction to Chemistry||Mathematics||Further Mathematics|
You will be able to:
- Communicate effectively in English in a range of everyday and academic situations, in verbal and written formats
- Engage effectively with a broad range of themes in the subjects of physics and chemistry
- Demonstrate an awareness of different approaches to academic study
- Apply numeracy skills in academic contexts
- Develop the skills necessary for autonomous learning
- Meet the minimum English language and academic skills requirements for your chosen degree programme
- Settle into UK university
- Different course durations depending on your English language level
- Successful completion of the course guarantees you acceptance to one of our 18 partner universities
- Quality teaching by dedicated and specialised teachers
- Practical lessons giving you all the skills and language required for you university studies
- Full time course, averaging 24 hours per week contact time
- Assistance in applying to any of our partner universities with trained advisors
- Regular assessment and testing to check progress
- Regular personal tutorials
You also might be interested in:
At The Language Gallery, you can choose from different types of English language courses and combine classes to make your language learning more intensive.
We want to make sure that you have a good experience in your home away from home. Each city offers its own accommodation options to meet your comfort and budget needs.
Enjoy the diverse range of attractions on offer across London, Nottingham and Birmingham. You and your classmates can go on different trips, outings and events in the cities while practising your English.