This course is designed to introduce students to the essentials of business and management and key business concepts. This can be useful as a first step towards a business-related degree or as a beneficial stand-alone qualification. For students wishing to continue studying at university on a business and/or management degree, this certificate enables them to progress directly to second-year studies (or third year in Scotland).
This certificate displays that the student has an understanding of business and management equivalent to a Level 4 qualification (or level 7 in Scotland).
For students interested in studying a business and/or management-related degree.
The Cert HE Business and Management is made up of the following modules and is equal to a total of 120 credits.
Level 4 modules:
- Introduction to Management (20 credits)
- Organisational Behaviour (20 credits)
- Digital Business (20 credits)
- Professional Skills (20 credits)
- Contemporary Marketing Practice (20 credits)
- Financial Management (20 credits)
|Semester 1||Introduction to Management (20 credits)||Organisational Behaviour (20 credits)||Digital Business (20 credits)|
|Semester 2||Professional Skills (20 credits)||Contemporary Marketing Practice (20 credits)||Financial Management (20 credits)|
You will be able to:
- Better understand key business functions and different organisational structures
- Better understand marketing fundamentals and its impact on consumer behaviour and interaction
- Better understand the domestic and international economic environment within which businesses operate
- Better understand finance management and reporting
- Better understand accounting practices and how to implement taught practices
- Develop transferable skills to support learning in the workplace and life-long learning
- Work with others and develop the ability to communicate at all levels
- Gain a wide range of professional and transferable skills
- Improve your career prospects
- Gain a recognised qualification in just 12 months
- Successful completion of the course allows you to progress on to study for a full Bachelors degree
You don’t need any prior academic or work experience in order to study with us. We will interview you and ask you to submit a CV, personal statement and reference. The CertHE in Business Management is the equivalent to the first year of a full-time honours degree programme and, if you have standard qualifications, they should be the equivalent of 96-104 UCAS points.
For those with no qualifications to evidence basic requirements externally moderated language test (Duolingo 85 and Pearson Versant 50) will be administered alongside an internal Academic Interview, prior to the issuance of an enrolment letter.
Successful completion of these areas will be required prior to the issuance of an enrolment letter.
Students are able to make their applications for student finance in preparation for the start of their course in October.
You are advised to make your application for student finance as soon as possible after the application process. You can amend or cancel your application at a later date if necessary.