Our team of qualified and friendly teachers can help you to achieve your goal of studying at university. Through weekly assessments, personalised progression and tutorials, you will develop the language skills you need to progress, all with the support of our dedicated team. In centre our support officers have an excellent knowledge of our courses and can help you every step of the way. You will learn all the skills you need for university study and be given guidance on the best university courses for you.
Co-operation, trust and respect are at the core of The Language Gallery. This fosters a positive environment meaning students and staff can get the most out of their time at the school. We strongly believe in continuous professional development for all staff and this in turn ensures students can make maximum progress with the latest of ideas incorporated into the classroom. We run a range of trips, social activities and external speaker visits so students get the chance to practise their skills whilst making friends.
Task Based Learning
- Students are given a task, problem, activity, or topic
- Students work together on the task, and practise realistic language
- They discover a particular language point through the language used to solve the task
The Lexical Approach
- Students focus on understanding and producing frequently used fixed expressions as “chunks” or words that go together, such as “Could you tell me” and “That’s interesting!”
- Grammar is analysed as vocabulary in a special pattern
- The teacher provides examples
- Learners find out the rules themselves
- Teachers are facilitators