Passionate, well-prepared and dynamic – that’s the best way to describe our teachers. They have all had CELTA or TESOL teacher training and many also possess, or are working towards a DELTA.
We mainly use inductive teaching approaches, also known as “inquiry” or “discovery” teaching. This means that the teacher is a guide, making it a more student-centered method. We call it our Communicative Approach and it is a mix of the following methodologies and approaches.
Task Based Learning
- Students are given a task, problem, activity, or topic
- Students work together on the task, and practise realistic language
- They discover a particular language point through the language used to solve the task
The Lexical Approach
- Students focus on understanding and producing frequently used fixed expressions as “chunks” or words that go together, such as “Could you tell me” and “That’s interesting!”
- Grammar is analysed as vocabulary in a special pattern
- The teacher provides examples
- Learners find out the rules themselves
- Teachers are facilitators