The Language Gallery (TLG) delivers high quality language courses at a number of locations worldwide. With campuses in London, Manchester, Birmingham, Hannover and Toronto, we pride ourselves on our internationalism and our interactive approach to the learning process.
• Deliver high quality lecturing and teaching
• Assist with inspections and provide student results to management.
• Maintain and update high quality class materials
• Comply with Quality Standards and Processes
• Follow our syllabus. Prepare and teach classes in the communicative pedagogical style favoured by TLG, as detailed in the teachers’ manual.
• Complete documentation as required, to a high standard
• Ensure that all TLG Health & Safety, Conduct and U18s policies are followed.
• Prepare any outings thoroughly. Ensure outings and trips are linguistically meaningful.
• Full preparation for the delivery of the class, should be undertaken prior to delivery
• Assist the Academic Managers with the student induction when required.
Responsibility, Planning and Organisation
• Contribute to the support and guidance of new members of staff on standard information and procedures.
• Ensure Marking and Second-Marking is completed within the timeframes set.
• Maintain use of TLG online as homework or in class
• Attend meetings as arranged by the Academic Managers.
• Consideration and respect of other colleagues and school property is upheld at all times.
Quality Assurance & Service Provision
• Uses self-assessment tools provided to reflect on own performance
• Remains up to date with own CPD and attends in-house CDP
• Agrees to scheduled and spot observations
• A degree
• At least 2 years’ experience
• DELTA or Trinity Dip (or working towards)
• Relevant MA
• Excellent communication and inter-personal skills
• Solid IT skills
• Good classroom management skills
• Ability to communicate ideas clearly and simply to a variety of groups at a variety of levels.
• Excellent and relevant subject knowledge, communicative teaching methodologies and CEFR.
• Clear understanding of cross-cultural issues that may affect classroom interaction.
Should you fit the criteria, please contact one of the following:
London, Manchester & Dublin – Lea Aylett Laylett@thelanguagegallery.com
Birmingham – Jenifer Langley JLangley@thelanguagegallery.com
Hannover – Tuncay Yilmaz Tyilmaz@thelanguagegallery.com
Berlin – Ben Isted BIsted@thelanguagegallery.com
Toronto – Lana Khobod Lkhobod@thelanguagegallery.com