Liverpool FC has joined forces with The Language Gallery to deliver a series of summer residential courses for young players aged 12-17.
Through this exciting partnership two types of programmes will initially be offered. English language and football residential courses will develop participants both in the classroom and on the pitch. The sports leadership and football programme will be delivered through a combination of workshops, seminars and interactive lessons to improve essential leadership skills important in both football and everyday life.
On both programmes, 20 academic lessons will be delivered each week alongside a minimum of 20 hours of LFC coaching, player workshops, skill challenges, tournaments and player feedback sessions. A range of technical and tactical LFC coaching will be delivered to challenge each participant in an enjoyable learning environment.
Liverpool FC Ambassador, Ian Rush, commented: “We’re really excited to announce the launch of our summer residential programmes today. Providing an all-round education for young players, both on and off the pitch, is something that we’re passionate about at LFC and these courses aim to do exactly that.”
“This is a fantastic Liverpool experience for young players and we look forward to hosting many young players from around the world on these programmes this summer.”
Ross Stuart Metherell, Director of Sports and Corporate Programmes at The Language Gallery, said: “We are delighted to be delivering the education and football summer camp programmes in partnership with Liverpool FC who share our passion for developing well rounded individuals. The courses offer English and non–English speaking children across the globe the opportunity to learn new skills and make new friends from different cultures in a fun and positive environment.”
Coaching activities will be run by experienced LFC coaches and the teaching will be delivered by qualified tutors from The Language Gallery, bringing together the best from education and sport to create the ultimate summer experience.
Weekly residential courses will begin on July 5th and will continue for six weeks through to August 16th, with the last intake on August 19th.
More information on the summer residential courses can be found at www.thelanguagegallery.com/tlg-juniors
Notes to Editors:
Liverpool Football Club
• Founded in 1892, Liverpool FC is one of the world’s most historic and famous football clubs having won 18 League Titles, seven FA Cups, eight League Cups, five European Cups, three UEFA Cups, three European Super Cups and 15 Charity Shields
• As a socially responsible club, Liverpool FC is proud of its heritage and plays a proactive role in its communities through its official charity, Liverpool FC Foundation. By delivering a range of award-winning programmes, the Foundation motivates and inspires children and adults, both at home and overseas, using football and the power of the Liverpool FC badge. Its contribution has been recognised by the award of a Community Mark from Business In The Community
• Liverpool FC is a global brand and works with leading edge commercial partners around the world providing unparalleled commercial opportunities.
• Liverpool FC International Academy operates coaching programmes around the world, providing opportunities for young players to learn to play The Liverpool Way. Further information can be viewed at www.liverpoolfc.com/soccerschools
The Language Gallery
• The Language Gallery (TLG) delivers high quality language courses at a number of locations worldwide. With campuses in London, Oxford, Manchester, Birmingham, Dublin, Hannover and Toronto, we pride ourselves on our internationalism and our interactive approach to the learning process. All of our facilities are conveniently located at the centre of the cities in which they are located.
• Our small class sizes enhance individual learning as you can benefit from personalised attention from teachers. The strong sense of community at each campus means you will have no problems settling in, whichever destination you choose.